Ingredients - Lets see what each pill has inside of it
Instant Knockout Contains 10 Specially Selected Natural Ingredients. To Help You Finally Win Your War Against Unsightly Fat.
Green tea extract is a great ingredient — when it’s standardized for the beneficial polyphenol EGCG amongst a few others. Studies have shown that it actually has both a thermogenic and lipolytic effect when combined with caffeine, in addition to being a potent antioxidant and having a range of other health benefits.
One issue, however. In the studies where EGCG was effective, doses of at least 500mg were used, with at least 130mg of EGCG and most of the rest of the content standardized for the other beneficial polyphenols. A diverse array of polyphenols and catechins have shown the most success.[8,9,10]
We’ve got 500mg here, but the label does not make clear what it is standardized for. As far as we know it could just be ground-up leaves and stems, which aren’t going to do as much for you.
But until the extract standardization is disclosed, you really can’t cite many of the most successful studies of this potentially great ingredient. In comparison, most green-tea containing products on our Top 10 Fat Burners list do disclose more of what’s inside.
1. Hursel, R et al. The effects of green tea on weight loss and weight maintenance: a meta-analysis. Int J Obes. 2009; 33(9): 956-61
2. Hursel R et al. The effects of catechin rich teas and caffeine on energy expenditure and fat oxidation: A meta-analysis. Obes. Rev. 2011; 12: e573–e581
The capsaicin in cayenne peppers is a legitimate thermogenic metabolism booster. It works exactly how you would imagine: it increases heat in your body and ultimately boosts the metabolism through thermogenesis.
We typically love it for users (unless you’re prone to getting heartburn), so it’s good to see here.
But once again, the label does not provide enough information. Having “cayenne pepper extract” listed simply doesn’t cut it — we’re interested in capsaicin content, which is the actual compound in red peppers that has been shown to provide the fat burning prowess.
Not all “cayenne powder” ingredients are the same. The extract potency is generally measured in Scoville Heat Units (SHUs), and it takes a fairly high amount to actually have a meaningful effect on the metabolism.
With Instant Knockout, the word “capsaicin” isn’t even used on the label — it’s just “cayenne powder.” Not necessarily useless, but most likely not even remotely as useful as quality extracts such as Capsimax.
And then there’s the dose. As you’ll see, there are incredibly inexpensive off-the-shelf products with 5x this dose, likely providing for more benefits than what’s included here.
So again, we can’t tell exactly what we’re getting, and we have concerns that we are getting the cheap stuff in an expensive product. Have you noticed a trend yet?
3. Ahuja, KD et al. Effects of chili consumption on postprandial glucose, insulin, and energy metabolism. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006; 84(1): 63-69
4. Ludy, MJ et al. The effects of capsaicin and capsiate on energy balance: critical review and meta-analyses of studies in humans. Chem Senses. 2012; 37(2): 103-2
Glucomannan is a fiber supplement drawn from konjac root, and its use goes back decades, along with studies indicating that it has the effects that you’d expect from a dietary fiber supplement — reduced appetite and smoother BMs, primarily. It’s often known as konjac root fiber and has also been a frequent topic on the Dr. Oz show.
This one is here to pick up the appetite suppression where the lower-dosed chromium left off. And even better, this one actually has 500mg inside, which is closer to the clinically-dosed amount of 1g per day used in the study cited above.
But on the other hand… another placebo-controlled study noted that 1.33g of
glucomannan supplements administered over 8 weeks were well tolerated but did not promote weight loss or significantly alter body composition, hunger/fullness, or lipid and glucose parameters.
So, this might be a hit-or-miss supplement, given those two contrasting studies.
At the end of the day, Instant Knockout’s advertising seems to try to advertise it as a sort of miracle herb from Asia, but it’s more like a decent fiber supplement.
Most of us need that, so no complaints, but let’s not get too excited just yet until there’s more conclusive research. At best, it should make you feel a bit fuller.
- This natural fiber of the konjac plant won’t spike your metabolism. It won’t improve your insulin sensitivity either.Why’s it in Instant Knockout then? Because it’s power lies in it’s ability to improve your appetite and reduce food cravings.
- This complex carbohydrate source has a beta-D-glucose and beta-D-mannose long-chain structure which means it passes through your stomach without being digested, helping to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- This is backed up with comprehensive research too. For example, one review of 6 different studies reported consistent short-term weight loss. And a critical review study suggested that glucommanan could be the key to solving weight related issues in the US.
- All-in-all, this nutrient is a great addition to Instant Knockout. It reduces appetite but also helps to improve metabolic health – it’s a great ingredient for avoiding fat-storing triggers that cause over-eating or excessive snacking.
5. Zalewski, BM et al. The effect of glucomannan on body weight in overweight or obese children and adults: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Nutrition. 2015; 31(3): 437-42
6. Keithley, J et al. Glucommanan and obesity: a critical review. Altern Ther Health Med. 2005; 11(6): 30-4
- Caffeine anhydrous is the right hook of Instant Knockout, delivering a powerful punch to get you through your workouts.
- This nutrient has the ability to inhibit adenosine receptors, stimulating your nervous system into overdrive. It gives you energy and power, helping you to blast through even the toughest of workouts.
- It also helps you to focus and dial in by ramping up cognitive abilities and reducing fatigue. You’ll be more alert and ready for the task at hand. The gym had better get ready!
- Because caffeine intensifies your workouts, it contributes toward your daily energy burn. It has been found to reduce the fatigue and perceived pain associated with tough exercise session by just less than 50%, and even directly boost fat loss by elevating fat oxidation and insulin sensitivity.
7. Maridakis, V et al. Caffeine Attenuates Delayed-Onset Muscle Pain and Force Loss Following Eccentric Exercise. J Pain. 2007; 8(3): 237–24
8. Keijzers, GB et al. Caffeine can decrease insulin sensitivity in humans. Diabetes Care. 2002; 25(2): 364-9
- Vitamin B6, or pyridoxine, is the ingredient that pulls it all together in Instant Knockout.
- It’s a great all-rounder that helps supports a healthy lifestyle by improving the way that you synthesize energy. Not only that but it also directly contributes to fat burning by elevating your metabolism and fat oxidation too.
- B6 helps the way that your body absorbs amino acids, which can help you build muscle. It also regulates carbohydrates and fats, helping you to control your diet and achieve a calorie deficit with ease.
9. Zemel, MB et al. Effects of a Leucine and Pyridoxine-Containing Nutraceutical on Fat Oxidation, and Oxidative and Inflammatory Stress in Overweight and Obese Subjects. Nutrients. 2012; 4(6): 529-541
- Another B vitamin in Instant Knockout, B12 also helps you cover food into useable energy.
- You’ll find that your metabolism is higher and so is your ability to train harder, for longer in the gym. You’ll also be able to tolerate your diet for longer and your mood and immune system will continue to be high during your cut.
- Vitamin B12 will help you break down fatty acids, improve digestion of carbohydrates and maximize protein synthesis. Club this together and you’ve got a recipe for a leaner, more athletic body composition, as well as better physical performance.
10. Lukaski, HC. Vitamin and mineral status: effects on physical performance. Nutrition. 2004; 20: 632-644
- GTF Chromium is one of the most underrated nutrients when it comes to a high-quality fat burner supplement.
- It’s an essential trace element, yet not many people get enough of it in their diet. And on top of that, high sugar diets can force your body to get rid of chromium in the urine, further causing deficiency.
- This nutrient helps to control insulin – the hormone that controls how you store carbohydrates in your body. On top of that, it also boosts your energy levels, reduces food cravings and increases metabolism.
- So how does it help you shred fat? Firstly, it contains a protein called chromodulin which improves how you metabolize both sugar and fat. This leads to more energy that been found to improve physical performance under strict laboratory condition.
- On top of that, studies have shown that chromium can reduce appetite and cravings, leading to a drop food intake and consequently more fat loss – as much as 1.1kg in some cases.
11. Anderson, RA. Effects of chromium on body composition and weight loss. Nutr Rev. 1998; 56(9): 266-70
12. Pittler, MH et al. Chromium picolinate for reducing body weight: meta-analysis of randomized trials. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2003; 27(4): 522-9
- Zinc is one of the most important nutrients when it comes to a lean, health composition. Why? Because it boosts the hormone responsible for elevating protein synthesis called testosterone.
- It’s not just about optimizing hormone though, because zinc also helps your body to process carbohydrate, fat and proteins into fuel which sustains your energy levels. This is particularly important if you’re exercising hard to get into shape.
- One study, using overweight adolescents, found that supplementing zinc for 8 weeks improved glucose metabolism and fat levels in the blood. Another study reported that low zinc levels leave you with a much higher risk of excess body fat.
13. Kelishadi, R et al. Effect of zinc supplementation on markers of insulin resistance, oxidative stress, and inflammation among prepubescent children with metabolic syndrome. Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders.2010; 8(6): 505–10
14. Freire, SC et al. Dietary intervention causes redistribution of zinc in obese adolescents. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2014; 154(2): 168-77
- Piperine is the extract of black pepper and a bioactive chemical helps with weight loss a number of different ways. It turns on your metabolism, aids digestion, elevates thermogenesis and best of all can even suppress the formation of new fat cells.
- Piperine acts like an on-switch to two fat burning receptors in the body – TRPA1 and TRPV1. When triggered, these receptors elevate energy metabolism and suppress fat cell accumulation. The result? A potent fat burning effect.
15. Okumura, Y et al. Adiposity suppression effect in mice due to black pepper and its main pungent component, piperine. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010; 74(8): 1545-9
- You might have never heard of Green coffee bean before. They’re simply unroasted coffee beans.
- It’s got no caffeine content whatsoever, but what they lack in stimulatory power they gain in the compound cholorogenic acid – a substance that has been fund to slow down the rate of fat absorption from food.
- The brilliant thing about cholorogenic acid is that it reduces sugar cravings that can put the brakes on your diet plans. It can also lower cholesterol which not only boost health but also body composition.
- Studies into green coffee bean have been positive. One review reported that adding green coffee into the diet, leads to a reduction in body mass as well as belly fat – and that’s exactly what you’ll get.
16. Thom, E. The effect of cholorogenic acid enriched coffee on glucose absorption in healthy volunteers and its effect on body mass when used long-term in overweight and obese people. Journal of International Medical Research. 2007; 35(6): 900–908
17. Revuelta-Iniesta, R et al. Consumption of Green Coffee Reduces Blood Pressure and Body Composition by Influencing 11β-HSD1 Enzyme Activity in Healthy Individuals: A Pilot Crossover Study Using Green and Black Coffee. Biomed Res Int. 2014
Other Ingredients: HPMC, gelatin, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, FD&C Red 40.
Do Not Exceed 4 Capsules Per Day. Always Swallow With Water. Do Not Take With Any Other Products That Contain Caffeine Or Other Stimulants. Do Not Take If Pregnant Or Nursing. If You Have Any Medical Conditions Or Are Taking Any Medication, Consult Your Doctor Before Use.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Some Youtube Videos